Jackie Bonasera, a woman from Long Island, New York was luckily saved by a pit bull named Cain from a fire on Friday, May 3.
Bonasera said she was drying her hair in an upstairs bathroom of her home in Gabriele Drive in East Norwich when she heard the dog barking. When she ran downstairs to check what's happening, she saw the flames on the side of her garage spreading from the front to the back of the house.
"I ran out of the house and my neighbors came running over, and then I thought about the dog – I'm like, 'He saved my life, I have to save his'. So I just put my robe over my face and I ran back in and I grabbed the dog and then I stood out here and I watched my house burn," she recounted.