Written By Real Kevin Jay on Friday, January 17, 2014 | 11:59 AM
Tropical Cyclone Warning: Tropical Depression #AgatonPH
Issued at 10:30 AM, 17 January 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
THE LOW PRESSURE AREA SOUTHEAST OF GUIUAN, EASTERN SAMAR HAS DEVELOPED INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION AND WAS NAMED “AGATON”.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AGATON” was located based on all available data at 260 km Southeast of Guiuan, Easter Samar or 130 km Northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (9.2°N, 127.2°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of 55 kph near the center.
Movement: Forecast to move Southwest at 5kph.
Forecast Position: Tropical Depression “AGATON” is expected to be at 40 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur tomorrow morning. By Sunday morning, it will be at 13 km Northeast of Davao City and at 45 km Northwest of General Santos City by Monday morning.
• Public Storm Warning Signal (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours) Surigao del Norte incl. Siargao Is., Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Province, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Davao Oriental and Compostella Valley
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 5 -15 mm per hour (moderate - heavy) within the 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Tropical Depression “AGATON” will bring moderate to occasionally heavy rains and thunderstorms over Eastern and Central Visayas.
• Sea travel is risky over the seaboards of Luzon, Visayas and Caraga Region.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management councils concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 5pm today.